News and Updates
Updates on the policies, news and regulations that affect your organization and community.
6/28: Illinois’ new capital improvement plan includes $465 million for health and human service. See the Rebuild Illinois overview for details.
6/27: The Supreme Court ruled on the 2020 Census citizenship question. https://cnn.it/2RDfJp8
6/20: Governor Pritzker signed an executive order to help ensure that all Illinoisans are counted in the 2020 Census; creates new Census Office.
6/12: The White House claimed executive privilege over documents regarding the “citizenship question” for the 2020 Census. Learn more.
6/10: The number of Medicaid managed care insurers continues to decline in Illinois. Crain’s Chicago Business discusses this trend and how it can hurt our communities. Find the article here.
6/5: Governor Pritzker signed the FY20 budget into law.
6/3: After an extended session, the Illinois General Assembly passed a budget for FY20, the budget implementation bill, the operating revenue bill, and a new capital plan. There were no cuts to community-based human services in this budget. An appropriation of $29 million for Census 2020 promotion is also included in this budget. Find the bill texts below:
- Budget Bill (SB 262 Amendment 1)
- Budget Implementation Bill (SB 1814 Amendment 1)
- Operating Revenue Bill (SB 689 Amendment 3)
- “Rebuild Illinois” Capital Bill (HB 62)
5/31: The Illinois General Assembly passed several bills on its last day of session:
- SB 1321, House Floor Amendment 1: This makes changes to Medicaid Redetermination and Eligibility. This includes reviewing the eligibility process within 90 of the effective date, streamlining the continued eligibility process, and exploring ways for community stakeholders to assist in expediting eligibility determinations and renewals. Find the bill’s text here.
- SB 1257, House Committee Amendment 1: This makes changes to the State Tax Code regarding unrelated business income tax (UBIT). Find the bill’s text here
Illinois Partners in the News
For more information, check out our other resource pages:
Get the latest news on what is being done in Springfield regarding a budget and get providers the funding they deserve.
Research publications commissioned by Illinois Partners.
Is your organization ready to comply with the new application, awarding, and reporting processes for state grants? Check out this page to find out how the new regulations apply to you.
Learn more about Illinois’ healthcare reform and its impact on community-based human service providers.