Our human service infrastructure protects and supports our state’s most important resources – the residents of Illinois.
Just like the bridges and roads we travel on, our human service system must be well-managed, maintained and renewed in order for people and communities to remain healthy, safe, and prepared for current and future economic challenges. Illinois Partners hopes to create a stronger and more stable human service sector in Illinois.
The vision of Illinois Partners is to:
- Develop a collaborative and coordinated approach for creating a more rational system for providing human services
- Improve the quality of service by developing common agreement around best operating practices, efficiency and effectiveness
- Improve support for human services generally by highlighting the value of the human services to communities
What Will It Take To Create A Strong Human Services System In Illinois?
- Teaching Fellow Residents the Value of QUALITY SERVICES
High quality services capable of helping Illinois residents improve their lives.
Illinois Partners supports quality services that:
-Effectively apply best practices
-Utilize sound fiscal management and operating systems
-Practice good stewardship of public funds and donations
- Informing Our Residents on the Importance of ADEQUATE FUNDING
Funding levels that reflect the needs of Illinois residents and the true cost of providing quality services.
Illinois Partners supports adequate funding that:
-Keeps pace with demand
-Provides timely reimbursements to providers
-Covers the full cost of efficient service delivery
-Includes necessary investments in building, equipment and facility maintenance as well as program administration
- Reporting that Human Service Providers Achieve MEASURABLE RESULTS
Human service providers are accountable for achieving meaningful outcomes.
Illinois Partners support measurable results where:
-Funding decisions are driven by performance
-Evaluation is transparent and based on program outcomes