Job & Internship Opportunities
OUTREACH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Illinois Partners is seeking an Outreach and Development Manager to lead partner engagement and fundraising strategies. Click on the link for a full position description.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Outreach and Development Manager is a full-time position that is primarily responsible for coordinating and implementing two of the organization’s essential functions: 1) partner engagement, recruitment and retention and 2) fundraising in the areas of major gifts, grants and other areas as specified. The manager will serve as the primary liaison to partner organizations in order to build engagement, facilitate services and encourage partner support. She/he and will also be responsible for all functions of fundraising, including annual campaign implementation, donor cultivation and stewardship and staffing of the board’s Resource Development Committee. The Outreach and Development Manager will be out in the field meeting with donors, prospects and partner organizations regularly. The Outreach and Development manager is an integral part of a small staff team whom are passionate and committed to the work. Please see link for a full description.
SALARY: Based on experience
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
HOW TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume, writing samples, salary requirements and other supplemental materials to email@example.com with “Outreach and Development Manager” in the subject line.
Illinois Partners for Human Service is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
POLICY AND GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS INTERN
Illinois Partners for Human Service will be seeking a Policy & Government Affairs Intern for summer and fall of 2018. Recruitment will begin in April/May of 2018. We are a statewide advocacy organization with over 800 human service coalition partners located in every legislative district in Illinois.
The policy intern will work at our office located in River North and will assist with multiple projects within our organization, which include the following:
Policy research and creation of educational tools to inform coalition partners
- Monitor and analyze state legislation and budget decisions proposed by policymakers
- Research areas of interest to health and human services, including return on investment for programs such as Medicaid, Managed Care systems, and early childhood intervention
- Identify policy priorities and develop policy recommendations based on legislative and regulatory matters
- Create action alerts, data/fact sheets, and other communication materials to inform our partnership base on specific issues
- Participate in meetings with various committees and workgroups, such as Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) Steering Committee, Budgeting for Results Commission, and Medicaid Advisory Committee
- Support outreach to state legislators, the Governor’s office, state agencies, nonprofit organizations, and other entities
Support building organizational capacity at Illinois Partners
- Assist with monthly partner call-in meetings, including preparing agenda, sending reminders, and distributing follow-up materials
- Update and manage website to keep network partners informed
- Update internal reports and educational outreach materials
- Grant research and writing (previous experience in this area desirable)
- Help to cultivate “Human Services Work” Campaign, a statewide public awareness and advocacy campaign to enhance the conversation about what makes Illinois communities strong
Our objective is to keep our coalition partners ready to react quickly to new policy priorities. The policy intern will therefore need to keep current on both state legislation and projects as they develop.
The internship is paid and requires approximately 20 hours per week, depending on schedules. The intern must be a continuing graduate student in public policy or a related field. He/she must be an excellent writer and able to work independently in an environment where priorities change quickly.
If you are interested in a summer/fall internship, please provide a resume, cover letter, and two short writing samples (one academic and one professional such as a policy brief, memo, or fact sheet). Active recruiting will begin April/May of 2018. Submit materials to Meghan at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Illinois Partners Policy Intern Summer/Fall 2018″. The internship will begin in early July and conclude in December 2018. Two on-boarding days in June will take place prior to the start date.
For volunteer opportunities, please contact us at email@example.com